Metal-Fab, Inc. Job Openings
Position: Credit Manager
Education: Associates Degree
Summary: This position is responsible for collection of all accounts receivable, and verifies credit rating of new and current accounts.
- Timely collection of all accounts receivable.
- Posts cash received to customer’s accounts.
- Investigates new account applications for creditworthiness, including checking customer references, D&B reports, makes determination to extend credit.
- Process customer credit claims, returned merchandise authorizations, credit memos. Reports details of claims to management.
- Maintains permanent customer files, subsidiary ledgers on customer whose accounts are in collection status.
- Backs up billing function.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree
- At least three years’ experience in a collection capacity
- Computer skills, including MS Office
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Filing, 10-key
- Attention to detail
- Experience with billing a plus
Applications available online at www.metal-fabinc.com
Metal-Fab is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Warehouse Worker/Fork-lift Operator
Metal-Fab, Inc. is seeking a 1st shift Warehouse Worker/Fork-lift-operator
- Operate a forklift
- Change forklift propane tanks
- Perform basic forklift preventative maintenance
- Accurately place and retrieve inventory goods
- Order pulling/picking
- Load and unload material and product
- Utilize scanning equipment
- Perform inventory stock counts
Job Location and Hours:
1st shift position hours 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
This position is located in southwest Wichita
- High school diploma/GED or warehouse experience
- Ability to work overtime
- Speak, read and write in English
- Accurately perform basic math
- Operate scanning equipment
- Use measuring devices
- Work with and get along with other employees
- Dependable and punctual
Maintenance Specialist – 1st Shift
Metal-Fab, Inc. is seeking a 1st Shift Maintenance Specialist.
- Writes new or modifies PLC and HMI programming
- Install, upgrade, maintain and repair of machinery, equipment, and electrical systems according to layout plans, blueprints, ladder diagrams, work orders and other drawings
- Use computerized systems to retrieve and record information
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- This position is based in Wichita, Kansas
- High School diploma or General Education Degree
- Technically competent, with at least one to two years of responsible experience with electrical and electronic troubleshooting and programming including PLCs, HMIs, CNCs and Robotics. Prefer experience with Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Direct logic and Fanuc controls.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and electrical test equipment
- Willing to help with other maintenance tasks as needed
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams, repair manuals, parts catalogs, work orders
- Ability to work in a manufacturing atmosphere safely and following safety practices and regulations
- Must be dependable
- Flexibility to work overtime on short notice
- Good communication skills
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Electrical construction and leadership experience is a plus
- Ability to drive and maintain valid driver’s license
Please send your resume in confidence to the attention of:
P.O. Box 1138
Wichita, Kansas 67201
No Phone Calls
Fax (316) 943-2717
E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the company web site at www.metal-fabinc.com to learn more about the company and apply online.
The WorkKeys assessment is part of the hiring process for Manufacturing Fabrication positions at Metal-Fab, applicants are encouraged to complete the assessment in advance. Please contact the Workforce Center at (316) 771-6800 or www.workforce-ks.com for more information.
Prescription Drug Plan
Medical Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Term Life Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Defined Contribution 401(k) Retirement Plan
Holidays (Nine days are observed each year)
Family Medical Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Metal-Fab provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
protected by law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all
individuals, employment decisions at Metal-Fab will be based on merit, qualifications and
While on Metal-Fab's premises or when conducting business-related activities, no
employee may use, possess, distribute, sell, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Applicants that receive a job offer must satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The benefits listed above do not represent complete Metal-Fab policies, procedures or benefit plans, and they are subject to change without notice.