Metal-Fab, Inc. Job Openings
Summary: This position analyzes and plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to determine efficient utilization of resources throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Reviews current production methods, including time studies, and makes recommendations for improvements in material handling and storage to reduce waste and cost in the process.
- Audit production standards and maintain data.
- Maintain records relative to tooling needs, repairs and modification.
- Prepares requests for estimates and/or awarding jobs to maintain tools and dies.
- Monitor preventative maintenance schedule for tools and dies.
- Design new tools and be responsible for usability through first audited production run.
- Develop a manufacturing plan and cost of new products.
- Researches equipment and assists in the selection of vendors for new equipment purchase.
- Assist in building prototypes and working with production personnel.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards with regards to manufacturing.
- Audit, evaluate, assess and alter safety procedures to ensure compliance.
- Participates in the establishment and communication of safety policies.
- Experience with CAD to develop, design and recommend plant and equipment layouts.
- Four-year degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field
- 8 years experience in manufacturing with an emphasis in sheet metal manufacturing preferred.
- Computer skills, including MS Office, database and CAD software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of production and manufacturing processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate data
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 2ND SHIFT
- Routine and extensive preventative maintenance on fabrication and shop equipment
- Detect equipment malfunction and make needed repairs
- Performs electrical installation and repair work
- Rough carpentry work
- Repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks, clogged lines and drains
- Grounds maintenance and grounds equipment repairs
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
This position is based in Wichita, Kansas
Monday - Friday, 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. (midnight)
- High School diploma or General Education Degree
- Technically competent, with at least one to two years of responsible experience with basic mechanical, pneumatics, plumbing, electrical and hydraulic systems or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and electrical test equipment
- Willing to help with other maintenance tasks as needed
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams, repair manuals, parts catalogs, work orders
- Ability to work in a manufacturing atmosphere safely and following safety practices and regulations
- Must be dependable
- Flexibility to work overtime on short notice
- Good communication skills
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to drive and maintain valid driver’s license
1st AND 2ND SHIFT PRODUCTION POSITIONS
Metal-Fab has openings for production positions on both 1st and 2nd Shift. Metal-Fab fills production positions using a temp to hire process. If you are interested in exploring a production opportunity with Metal-Fab please email your contact information (Name and Phone Number) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume in confidence to the attention of:
P.O. Box 1138
Wichita, Kansas 67201
No Phone Calls
Fax (316) 943-2717
E-mail your resume to email@example.com
Visit the company web site at www.mtlfab.com to learn more about the company and apply online.
The WorkKeys assessment is part of the hiring process for Manufacturing Fabrication positions at Metal-Fab, applicants are encouraged to complete the assessment in advance. Please contact the Workforce Center at (316) 771-6800 or www.workforce-ks.com for more information.
Prescription Drug Plan
Medical Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Term Life Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Defined Contribution 401(k) Retirement Plan
Holidays (Nine days are observed each year)
Family Medical Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Metal-Fab provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
protected by law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all
individuals, employment decisions at Metal-Fab will be based on merit, qualifications and
While on Metal-Fab's premises or when conducting business-related activities, no
employee may use, possess, distribute, sell, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Applicants that receive a job offer must satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The benefits listed above do not represent complete Metal-Fab policies, procedures or benefit plans, and they are subject to change without notice.