Metal-Fab, Inc. Job Openings
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - 2ND SHIFT
- Audits manufacturing processes to verify compliance with manufacturing procedures, policies and specifications
- Lead, train and motivate operators in the line inspection procedures
- Verify engineering change orders as to accuracy
- Receiving inspection of material and parts
- Verification of first run parts
- Maintenance of files for listing agencies
This position is based in Wichita, Kansas
Schedule – Monday – Friday, 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. (midnight)
- High School diploma or General Education Degree
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Blue print reading skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, attention to detail and accuracy
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Ability to work in a manufacturing atmosphere safely and following safety practices and regulations
- Must be dependable
- Ability to drive and maintain valid driver’s license
TITLE: Information Technology Network & Computer Systems Analyst
Summary: This onsite position is responsible for technical support for the user community. Troubleshoots, maintains and modifies computer and network systems.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (in computer science or other technical field of study) or successful completion of a two year vocational school Systems Administration program or a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Handle technical calls from users.
- Routinely and constantly maintain and patch systems.
- Maintain a highly effective security posture to minimize risk of Cyber-attacks.
- Maintain and configure network firewall, switch, controller, access point, virtualization, database and server systems.
- Provide technical support for common applications and operating systems, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office and Outlook, LibreOffice, Thunderbird, Internet Browsers, Windows and Linux.
- Configure systems and assist users with laser printers, bar code printers and print servers.
- Develop expertise in internal applications in order to provide support for Filebound, Progress RDBMS, Bar Code printing systems, various manufacturing software systems used in conjunction with manufacturing machinery, processes and bar code readers.
- Develop skills with OES Netware, Zenworks, Linux, Windows Server, VMWare, SAN hardware and networking equipment to provide support.
- Respond to off-hours emergencies and urgent critical situations.
- Excellent problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate ideas and information written or verbally to peers, customers and leadership in a professional, tactful and timely
- Experience in a manufacturing environment helpful, but not required.
SHIPPING/RECEIVING 1ST AND 2ND SHIFT
- Operate a forklift
- Change forklift propane tanks
- Perform basic forklift preventative maintenance
- Accurately place and retrieve inventory goods
- Order pulling/picking
- Load and unload material and product
- Operate scanning equipment
- Perform inventory stock counts
Job Location and Hours:
1st shift position hours 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
2nd shift position hours 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
This position is located in southwest Wichita
- High school diploma/GED or warehouse experience
- Work overtime
- Speak, read and write in English
- Accurately perform basic math
- Operate scanning equipment
- Use measuring devices
- Work with and get along with other employees
- Dependable and punctual
1st AND 2ND SHIFT PRODUCTION POSITIONS
Metal-Fab has openings for production positions on both 1st and 2nd Shift. Metal-Fab fills production positions using a temp to hire process. If you are interested in exploring a production opportunity with Metal-Fab please email your contact information (Name and Phone Number) to email@example.com
Please send your resume in confidence to the attention of:
P.O. Box 1138
Wichita, Kansas 67201
No Phone Calls
Fax (316) 943-2717
E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the company web site at www.mtlfab.com to learn more about the company and apply online.
The WorkKeys assessment is part of the hiring process for Manufacturing Fabrication positions at Metal-Fab, applicants are encouraged to complete the assessment in advance. Please contact the Workforce Center at (316) 771-6800 or www.workforce-ks.com for more information.
Prescription Drug Plan
Medical Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Term Life Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Defined Contribution 401(k) Retirement Plan
Holidays (Nine days are observed each year)
Family Medical Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Metal-Fab provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
protected by law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all
individuals, employment decisions at Metal-Fab will be based on merit, qualifications and
While on Metal-Fab's premises or when conducting business-related activities, no
employee may use, possess, distribute, sell, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Applicants that receive a job offer must satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The benefits listed above do not represent complete Metal-Fab policies, procedures or benefit plans, and they are subject to change without notice.