Metal-Fab Job Openings
MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR - 2ND SHIFT
Metal-Fab, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor for 2nd Shift
- Direct supervision and coordination production personnel activities
- Establishing work schedules, assignments, and production sequences
- Analyzing charts, work orders, and production schedules to determine production requirements
- Ensuring product is produced to internal standards in a safe and efficient manner
- Management of employee relations issues
- Facilitating cross-training and on-the-job training of production personnel
The position is located at 3025 W. May Avenue, Wichita, Kansas 67213
This is an exempt position, normal schedule is Monday – Friday 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.; must be able to work outside of the schedule due to business demands.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent education and work experience
- Three to five years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Blue print reading skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products
- Math skills
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Ability to multi-task and be a team player
- Open to change and dealing with constantly changing priorities
This position analyzes and plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to determine efficient utilization of resources.
- Reviews current production methods, including time studies, and makes recommendations for improvements in material handling and storage.
- Audit production standards and maintain data.
- Maintain records relative to tooling needs, repairs and modification.
- Prepares requests for estimates and/or awarding jobs to maintain tools and dies.
- Monitor preventative maintenance schedule for tools and dies.
- Design new tools and be responsible for usability through first audited production run.
- Develop a manufacturing plan and cost of new products.
- Assist in building prototypes and working with production personnel.
- Participates in the establishment and communication of safety policies.
Job Location & Hours:
- This position is located on-site in southwest Wichita
- Schedule is Monday-Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
- Four-year degree in Industrial Engineering or similar degree
- 10 years experience in manufacturing
- Computer skills, including MS Office, database and CAD software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of production and manufacturing processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate data
- Familiarity with AutoCAD drawings
WAREHOUSE SHIPPING ASSOCIATE - 1ST SHIFT
Metal-Fab is seeking warehouse shipping associates for 1st shift
- Operate a forklift
- Change forklift propane tanks
- Perform basic forklift preventative maintenance
- Accurately place and retrieve inventory goods
- Order pulling/picking
- Load and unload material and product
- Operate scanning equipment
- Perform inventory stock counts
- This position is located in southwest Wichita.
- 1st shift hours 7:00 a.m – 3:30 p.m.
- High school diploma/GED or warehouse experience
- Available to work daily and/or weekend overtime
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to accurately perform basic math
- Ability to operate scanning equipment and use measuring devices
- Ability to work with and get along with other employees
- Dependable and punctual
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - 1ST AND 2ND SHIFT
- Complete incoming maintenance work orders on fabrication and shop equipment
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions and make needed repairs
- Performs electrical installation and repair work
- Performs PLC programming
- Rough carpentry work
- Repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks, clogged lines and drains
- Perform Predictive and Preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
- Ability to work within a team environment and follow all safety procedures
Job Location & Schedule:
This position is based in Wichita, Kansas
Monday-Friday: 5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (or later)
Saturday (if scheduled): 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Monday-Friday: 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. (or later)
Saturday (if scheduled): 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.
Occasional daily or Saturday overtime
- High School diploma or General Education Degree
- Technically competent, with five or more years of experience with basic mechanical, pneumatics, plumbing, electrical and hydraulic systems or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and electrical test equipment
- Willing to help with other maintenance tasks as needed
- Ability to mentor maintenance staff
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams, repair manuals, parts catalogs, work orders
- Ability to work in a manufacturing atmosphere safely and following safety practices and regulations
- Must be dependable
- Flexibility to work overtime on short notice
- Good communication skills
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to drive and maintain valid driver’s license
1st AND 2ND SHIFT PRODUCTION POSITIONS
Metal-Fab has openings for production positions on both 1st and 2nd Shift. Metal-Fab fills production positions using a temp to hire process. If you are interested in exploring a production opportunity with Metal-Fab please email your contact information (Name and Phone Number) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume in confidence to the attention of:
P.O. Box 1138
Wichita, Kansas 67201
No Phone Calls
Fax (316) 943-2717
E-mail your resume to email@example.com
Visit the company web site at www.mtlfab.com to learn more about the company and apply online.
The WorkKeys assessment is part of the hiring process for Manufacturing Fabrication positions at Metal-Fab, applicants are encouraged to complete the assessment in advance. Please contact the Workforce Center at (316) 771-6800 or www.workforce-ks.com for more information.
Prescription Drug Plan
Medical Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Term Life Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Defined Contribution 401(k) Retirement Plan
Holidays (Nine days are observed each year)
Family Medical Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Metal-Fab provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
protected by law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all
individuals, employment decisions at Metal-Fab will be based on merit, qualifications and
While on Metal-Fab's premises or when conducting business-related activities, no
employee may use, possess, distribute, sell, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Applicants that receive a job offer must satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The benefits listed above do not represent complete Metal-Fab policies, procedures or benefit plans, and they are subject to change without notice.