Metal-Fab Job Openings
This position is responsible for collection of all accounts receivable, and verifies credit rating of new and current accounts.
- Timely collection of all accounts receivable.
- Posts cash received to customer’s accounts.
- Investigates new account applications for creditworthiness, including checking customer references, D&B reports, makes determination to extend credit.
- Process customer credit claims, returned merchandise authorizations, credit memos. Reports details of claims to management.
- Maintains permanent customer files, subsidiary ledgers on customer whose accounts are in collection status.
- Backs up billing function.
Job Location & Hours:
- This position is located on-site in southwest Wichita
- Schedule is Monday-Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree
- At least three years’ experience in a collection capacity
- Computer skills, proficient with Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Filing, 10-key
- Attention to detail
- Experience with billing a plus
WAREHOUSE SHIPPING ASSOCIATE - 1ST AND 2ND SHIFT
Metal-Fab is seeking warehouse shipping associates for 1st and 2nd shift
- Operate a forklift
- Change forklift propane tanks
- Perform basic forklift preventative maintenance
- Accurately place and retrieve inventory goods
- Order pulling/picking
- Load and unload material and product
- Operate scanning equipment
- Perform inventory stock counts
- This position is located in southwest Wichita.
- 1st shift hours 7:00 a.m – 3:30 p.m.
- 2nd shift hours 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- High school diploma/GED or warehouse experience
- Available to work daily and/or weekend overtime
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to accurately perform basic math
- Ability to operate scanning equipment and use measuring devices
- Ability to work with and get along with other employees
- Dependable and punctual
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Micro Air, a division of Metal-Fab, (Wichita, Kansas) is searching for highly motivated sales agent to live and work in the Oklahoma market.
This position is responsible for the sale of the organizations’ industrial products in Oklahoma.
- Business or Engineering degree, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Industrial and/or technical sales experience preferred
- Strong sales presentation skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have transportation/personal vehicle
- 50 percent travel in the Oklahoma Territory
- The successful candidate must reside or relocate to the Tulsa or Oklahoma City metro area
SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 1ST SHIFT
- Routine and extensive preventative maintenance on fabrication and shop equipment
- Detect equipment malfunction and make needed repairs
- Performs electrical installation and repair work
- Performs PLC programming
- Rough carpentry work
- Repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks, clogged lines and drains
- Grounds maintenance and grounds equipment repairs
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
This position is based in Wichita, Kansas
Schedule – Monday – Friday, 5:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree
- Technically competent, with at least five to ten years of responsible experience with basic mechanical, pneumatics, plumbing, electrical and hydraulic systems or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and electrical test equipment
- Willing to help with other maintenance tasks as needed
- Ability to mentor maintenance staff
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams, repair manuals, parts catalogs, work orders
- Ability to work in a manufacturing atmosphere safely and following safety practices and regulations
- Must be dependable
- Flexibility to work overtime on short notice
- Good communication skills
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to drive and maintain valid driver’s license
1st AND 2ND SHIFT PRODUCTION POSITIONS
Metal-Fab has openings for production positions on both 1st and 2nd Shift. Metal-Fab fills production positions using a temp to hire process. If you are interested in exploring a production opportunity with Metal-Fab please email your contact information (Name and Phone Number) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume in confidence to the attention of:
P.O. Box 1138
Wichita, Kansas 67201
No Phone Calls
Fax (316) 943-2717
E-mail your resume to email@example.com
Visit the company web site at www.mtlfab.com to learn more about the company and apply online.
The WorkKeys assessment is part of the hiring process for Manufacturing Fabrication positions at Metal-Fab, applicants are encouraged to complete the assessment in advance. Please contact the Workforce Center at (316) 771-6800 or www.workforce-ks.com for more information.
Prescription Drug Plan
Medical Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Term Life Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Defined Contribution 401(k) Retirement Plan
Holidays (Nine days are observed each year)
Family Medical Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Metal-Fab provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic
protected by law. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all
individuals, employment decisions at Metal-Fab will be based on merit, qualifications and
While on Metal-Fab's premises or when conducting business-related activities, no
employee may use, possess, distribute, sell, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Applicants that receive a job offer must satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The benefits listed above do not represent complete Metal-Fab policies, procedures or benefit plans, and they are subject to change without notice.